Thursday, June 24, 2010

wk 4 response - Loretta Burkley

Original post by Loretta Burkley:



OK.  I’ve searched so many journals and conferences I’m now cross-eyed.  Yet, I keep coming back to the list provided as a resource by Dr. Bedard.  I really wanted to publish in Edutopia, but I’m having a real problem finding out how or to whom.  I wonder if they only take articles they solicit?  That doesn’t make sense but it does look that way!

I’ve also checked out almost all of the conferences listed.  I still have a few to check.   Presenting or having your paper discussed at a conference gives me a case of hives.  My topic of Student Apathy and technology isn’t exactly a perfect fit for most of them.   I do have one or two that seem more appropriate then the others.  




Response by Rebecca Day:
Loretta,

I'm in the same boat you are in.  I've searched for all kinds of technology education journals and only found five that I thought my article might fit in. 

What list did Dr. Bedard give you that you referred to?  I would like to see this reference list.  I might also give Edutopia a chance too. 

I don't like the idea of presenting my research at a conference.  My topic of Internet filtering is so controversial that I don't want to cause a riot at a conference.  Publishing an article is a passive-aggressive way of getting my information out there without hearing immediate backlash!

Becky

1 comment:

  1. The list was the one posted in our assignment as resources. If you find out how to contact Edutopia, let me know please as I really would like to submit to them.

    ReplyDelete