Saturday, June 5, 2010

wk1 Free Choice

Last night, my husband and I drove two and a half hours north to Eatonton, GA, to see my students graduate. 

For those of you who don't know, I was non-renewed at the end of the 2008-09 school year, after teaching at the high school for two years and having test scored better than many veteran teachers.  For a long time I blamed the administrators for not being able to find another position and for staying unemployed throughout last fall.  It wasn't until I began teaching again in a school district close to my home in Tifton that I finally began to let go of some of that anger. 

Last night, the class of 2010, the last class that I taught at the high school, graduated.  I taught at least half of them!  I finally have closure and have absolutely no desire to be there anymore.  I don't know the students anymore.  I don't care to associate myself with the teachers; I did find it funny that even though I worked with these  50+ people for two years, only three of them spoke to me last night.  I got more hugs and tears from my students than I did the faculty.  And that tells me something.

1 comment:

  1. Onward and upward, you got the closure and hugs from the ones that mattered most. Next chapter...

    ReplyDelete